Thursday, September 11, 2008

Still Here!

It's kinda been a long day! I slept in until 10. Josh worked from home today so he was up with Kaitlyn while I slept. I figure it's ok because I don't get much sleep at night, so I gotta get it sometime. I headed to the hospital a little after noon for my appointments, I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to be a few minutes early, but traffic on Redwood was HORRID because of the construction. So...I got there right on time. I checked in for my non stress test and the wait began. Over an hour, again! It's so annoying. Then they finally took me back and did an ultrasound to measure the fluid, which was perfect, so that's good. Then they got me all hooked up and started recording it and then realized they had it under the wrong patient and had to go back and start it all over. Baby B, my breech baby, is breech no more. He is now transverse across the top of my belly and Baby A is still head down ready to go.

Oh, and at the end of the test I had a massive contraction that lasted 8 minutes! It was painful!

So then I headed upstairs and was over an hour late for my dr appointment. It went well! all the usual stuff and he checked me again. I am still at a 3 and 70% effaced, so that is very good! We'll hope for another week! Anyways, just thought I would update you all so you knew what was going on!!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I measured 44cm :)

8 comments:

kamikae said...

I didn't know you were on bed rest until now. I'm sorry I have been a little isolated lately. I am so excited for you. Any day now I'm sure. You look really skinny besides your cute belly.

Liz said...

I'm glad to hear that all is well. I know it sucks and you want to be done, but then you don't for your babies sakes. They will come when it's time and you will be ready no matter what! :) You look awesome! I love the last belly pic! Can't wait to see the room pics. Hang in there!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

My oh my!!! Hang in there a little longer. I still can't believe your having twins... Let me know if you need anything after you have the babies. Good Luck!!

Clair said...

I can't believe how soon it will be til these little guys arrive! It seems like such a short time ago you announced twins. Glad to hear all is well!! I'm thinking of ya!

*Jane Lee* said...

Kari, you are doing SO awesome! Hang in there. The last little bit is always the worst and then it's all over and totally worth it. Please call if you need anything!!

Danette said...

Kari I tried to call you to see how it went so I am glad it went good. Another week! But I am glad all is well!

Diana said...

Yeah, I'm glad your still baking those little guys. It so great to hang on to each day for those little twins. Here comes another week.

Jocelyn said...

I can't believe you had to wait so long... again!! What in the world?! I've gone at 1:15 every time for the past 4 weeks (and I think only 2 more to go!) and I have never had to wait at all. Sorry you go on bad days or something. :) But it's great to hear you're still a 3 and not more... good job keeping those boys in as long as possible!